Flexible Group Walk with Local Guides.
The discovery of the Madeiran archipelago 608km / 380miles west of Morocco was an early triumph for the ambitious seafaring inspired by Henry the Navigator. Initially called ‘Ilha da Madeira’ – the Island of Wood the forests have for the most part now gone but man has contributed his own wonders to this Atlantic island and its natural splendours have earned it subtitles such as ‘God’s Botanical Gardens’ and the ‘Floating Flower-pot’. The coastal scenery is stunning with multicoloured cliffs and inland the mountains are sheer magic.
For this holiday you stay in a comfortable guesthouse in the heart of the old town of Funchal within walking distance of the main sights.
- Transfers to and from your hotel
- Local guides who will share with you the secrets of Madeira
- Freedom each evening to discover local restaurants
- A choice of 4 walks to suit
- Transfers to and from Funchal airport
- 7 nights accommodation in a twin / double room with breakfast
- Four guided walks – you can choose from (click here to see the current list)
- Knowledgeable local guides
- Transfers to and from the walks
- Extra walks can be added if you wish
- Travel insurance
Cost per person:
October to March: 595 euro, April to September: 650 euro
(Between December 24 – January 2 an additional supplement may apply)
Single room supplement: 140 euro
This package is very flexible – there are no set arrival days.
Interested? E-Mail us:[email protected]