This 4 or 5 night walking break is the perfect antedote to the stresses and strains of modern life. You stay in beautiful country house set on its own estate deep in the heart of the country where instead of traffic noises and fumes you will be overwhelmed by the scents and sounds of the countryside – JUST PERFECT!
- White washed villages glinting in the sun
- Cork oak forests – the Montados
- Walk to the beautiful old town of Tavira
- Ria Formosa natural park
- Timeless landscapes
Day 1. Transfer from arrival point in the Algarve to the Herdade, 13km from Tavira.
Walk 1. A circular walk from the Herdade that takes you through a landscape barely touched by modern life. You pass through small hamlets, orchards and tiny farms, 13.2km.
Walk 2. A transfer to the start of the walk that takes you along the Alportel and Fornalha river sides as you wend your way slowly back to the Herdade, 16.8km.
Walk 3. You start your walk from the Herdade along a quiet country road that takes you past orange groves, small farms, fields of sugar cane before you arrive at the river side in the centre of the historical town of Tavira where there is time to explore before a transfer back to the Herdade, 12.3km.
Walk 4. A transfer to the local village of Santa Caterina for a beautiful walk through unspoilt countryside and along the river. You have time for refreshments in the village before walking back to the Herdade, 14.2km.
Day 5 or 6. Sadly it is time to leave and we transfer you back to the airport or train station.
- 4 or 5 night’s accommodation in a twin/double room with en-suite facilities and breakfasts
- 4 or 5 dinners with some drinks
- Picnic lunches for the walks
- Transport to and from your arrival point in the Algarve
- Transfers to and from walks as detailed
- Comprehensive walking notes & maps
Cost per person:
4 nights: 530 euro
5 nights: 620 euro
Single room supplement will apply
Single transport supplement if only one walking: 180 euro
THIS WALK IS NOT AVAILABLE BETWEEN 1ST NOVEMBER & 28TH FEBRUARY